Friday: No specials
Bully Prevention Program:
This year we are teaching the Second Step Bullying Prevention Unit in grades 1st-5th. Over the next 4 weeks, Ms. Ague, our School Social Worker, will be working with each grade level to do a series of lessons on bullying.
In the lessons, your child will learn specific skills to help recognize and handle bullying. Students will learn how to:
· -Recognize when bullying is happening
· -Report bullying to a caring adult
· -Refuse to let bullying happen to themselves or others
· -Be a bystander who stands up and is part of the solution
· -4th and 5th grade students will be learning
In addition, your student will be bringing home simple, fun activities called Home Links that will help you understand what your child is learning about bullying at school. The Home Links will also give your child another opportunity to practice skills for handling bullying.
If you have any questions about the Bullying Prevention Unit please feel free to contact Ms. Ague or myself. Thank you for your support in helping make our school a safe and respectful place where everyone can learn.